Affirmative Action Plans
Don’t put your organization at risk by failing to keep up with the Department of Labor's rule and regulation changes! We know it can be stressful, so take the uncertainty out of your Affirmative Action planning and let CAI’s Affirmative Action team make sure you’re Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) is compliant before it’s too late!
CAI’s Affirmative Action team will help you:
- Minimize Risk – Our plans are 100% compliant with regulations and are recommended by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
- Eliminate Worry – Our AAP Team will be with you every step of the way and are always available for your call
- Regain Time And Resources – Your staff can refocus on their individual responsibilities within your organization
- Add Expertise To Your Staff For Significantly Less Cost – Our Affirmative Action team becomes an extended part of your organization’s HR team
Affirmative Action Plan Basics
Companies and organization that have 50+ employees and hold a federal government contract/subcontract of $50,000 or more.
You must prepare a written AAP that is up to code with the OFCCP.
From the time you accept a government contract, you have 120 days to put your Affirmative Action programs in place and you must continue to create a new AAP every year that you are under contract. Although you are not required to follow a fiscal year, many contractors choose to do so because it is much easier to remember.
What Happens If We Do Not Comply?
To enforce compliance, AAPs are routinely audited by the OFCCP. In fact, the OFCCP completed 4,100 compliance evaluations in 2013 and have currently conducted 2,773 for the fiscal year of 2014.
- Loss of Contracts – Inaccurate or incomplete AAPs can result in the termination of government contracts already in effect and may disqualify you from future government contract opportunities.
- Financial Risks – In recent years, the OFCCP has dramatically increased its auditing activities, hiring more than 200 new compliance officers and recovering millions of dollars in financial settlements. The OFCCP can also pursue costly back pay claims in compensation, hiring, promotion, and termination.
With more than 20 years of dedicated experience writing AAPs, CAI has worked with organizations in virtually every industry and state, creating thousands of AAPs and participating in hundreds of successful OFCCP audits.
In addition to our dedication and expertise, CAI’s Affirmative Action team also provides you with:
- Affordability – CAI provides efficient, professional and cost effective services. In most instances, we can prepare your AAP for you in less time and for less money than your organization can do it for itself.
- Unlimited Consultation – We support our clients through every step of the affirmative action process – preparation, plan execution, training, self-audit and more. AAP clients have unlimited access to our AAP Team, year round at no additional cost.
- Complete Compliance – Our first priority as the newest member of your team is to make sure that your organization is fully protected. As such, our AAPs are 100% compliant with OFCCP regulations. To be sure of this, we’ve even invited nationally recognized employment law firms to review our plans for accuracy.
- Customized Planning – Your organization is unique and we believe that your AAPs should be as well. We take pride in hand-crafting our AAPs to fit your organizations individual needs, while still remaining within governmental regulations.
CAI's Additional AAP Services
- OFCCP Audit Assistance - CAI can provide assistance to manage an OFCCP audit of your company's affirmative action program. CAI's specialists can help a business prepare for an audit, serve in an advisory capacity during the audit, or assist in responding to violations cited by the OFCCP. We can also come on-site to audit your company and prepare you for an OFCCP visit.
- On-Site Training - Our professionals can train your staff in maintaining your status as an Affirmative Action employer. Other related training areas include diversity, selection and interviewing, and all relevant legislation.
Whether you want more information or you're ready to get started...
Don't wait until it's too late!
Contact us today!
Affirmative Action 101: The Basics
Kaleigh Ferraro – Manager, Affirmative Action Services, CAI 12/6/2016
AAP: EEO-1 & VETS-4212 Reporting
Kaleigh Ferraro – Manager, Affirmative Action Services, CAI 8/16/2016
AAP: Checking in on Current Happenings
Kaleigh Ferraro – Manager, Affirmative Action Services, CAI 6/7/2016
Affirmative Action: Preparing Data for Analysis
Kaleigh Ferraro – Manager, Affirmative Action Services, CAI 2/9/2016
Affirmative Action: What You Need to Know About Recruiting & Applicant Tracking
Kaleigh Ferraro – Manager, Affirmative Action Services, CAI 3/24/2015