Making hiring, promotion and career development decisions is difficult. It’s also one of the most important elements of building a strong leadership structure in your organization. Most interviews do not provide enough information to make the best decisions on candidates. Evaluations can be even more challenging when you are looking at internal candidates. Because of the close relationship with the employee, objectivity is at risk.
CAI's Online Assessments combined with your in-house interview and evaluation process will ensure that you have all the information you need to make the best choice.
Why Use Assessments?
Assessments have become essential. Employers who want to put the right people in the right positions assess candidates for proper “job fit.” Assessments will help you:
- Know the nature of the people you hire – Every time you hire without practicing due diligence, you accept liability for an employee's actions, sometimes even when they are not in the workplace. CAI's assessments are specifically designed to help you see the whole picture of a person.
- Find employees who are dependable – For your organization to be successful in today’s work environment each employee must perform at top levels. Absenteeism and other negative influences can have far reaching effects on your business results.
- Avoid hiring the wrong person – The cost of a lost employee fluctuates from 25% of the annual salary up to 150% and beyond. Even worse, more than 30% of all business failures are the result of negligent hiring practices.
- Protect yourself against discrimination charges – In the absence of objective data, how can you demonstrate that a hiring or promotion decision was made objectively, without discrimination?
- Evaluate employee promotion potential and development needs – If you're promoting from within or attempting to build strong leadership in your organization, you must know the strengths and improvement areas of all individuals in their job roles. Only then can you make good choices, and implement effective coaching and skills development.
CAI Will Help You Make the Best Hiring Decision
Our assessment tools will give you the additional data you need to fully and accurately evaluate candidates. For more information on Online Assessments please click here or contact Beth Whitley, Project Manager, HR Services at email@example.com.