CAI Training Philosophy
From the Classroom to the Workplace
The core objective of CAI’s training is to help people enhance their on-the-job performance. To do this, we are developing programs that are based on modern, proven learning principles and practices. The Management Advantage™ is the first complete, comprehensive development tool designed using CAI’s training philosophy. CAI’s training philosophy includes these elements:
- Enhanced content based on research from top leadership/industry experts
- Clearly articulated course learning objectives and expectations
- A learning model that focuses on:
- Awareness: Each course/module begins with the introduction of a concept related to the unit’s objectives. The concepts are examined through discussions, lecturettes and experiential activities.
- Practice: The participants engage in exercises that allow them to practice the skills and behaviors they’ve learned.
- Application: The participants determine how to apply what they have learned to their individual issues and job situations.
- Adult learning theory
- Use of role-plays and real life case studies to engage learners in a “doing activity.” Through that active process the learner is drawing on training content to act out a realistic scenario. Those scenarios prepare learners with simulated job experience, which aids in the transfer of training.
- Assignments and group activities that facilitate collaborative learning from peers.
- Action planning, which accelerates the transfer of learning back to the job and holds participants accountable for applying the skills and adopting behaviors
- Rich, detailed participant guides that enable participants to leave with materials that they can use as reference materials back on the job
- Feedback evaluation to measure participants’ reaction to course; additional pre and post assessments to measure learning objectives being met for all certification programs
For additional information about CAI’s Training Philosophy please contact Colleen Cunningham at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.878.9222.