Advanced Communication Skills for the Workplace
Would you like to improve
collaboration and reduce conflict in your workplace? Understand how to increase
your effectiveness at work? Increase
sales and customer service success? Build more effective relationships?
Communication is the key.
ability to communicate skillfully is one of the major factors contributing to your
success in the workplace. However, communication is more than sending clear
messages and actively listening.Understanding yourself more is the first step in becoming a better
communicator and working more effectively with others.
foundation of this course is the Everything
DiSC Workplace® Profile. This assessment uses your profile results to provide
a wealth of information about your workplace priorities and preferences.
Additionally, it helps you to learn how to communicate better with colleagues
with different styles. This advanced communication skills course includes
online pre-work, engaging facilitation with contemporary video, and practical
application to help you develop strategies to increase your effectiveness back
on the job.
Who Should Attend: Individual Contributors, Supervisors,
Managers, Leaders, HR Professionals and anyone who would like to better understand
their communication preferences and how to work more effectively with others.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the DiSC model and the Everything DiSC Workplace® Map
- Identify their style and explore the priorities that drive them during the workday
- Describe similarities and differences in preferences among the DiSC styles that may impact communication efficacy
- Identify what works for them and what challenges them when communicating with each style
- Apply the DiSC Model to communicate and build relationships more effectively at work
- Apply People-Reading principles to learn to recognize others priorities and preferences based on behavioral cues
Note: The Everything DiSC Workplace®Profile will need to be
completed as pre-work for this course.