Advanced Communication Skills for the Workplace
Would you like to improve collaboration and reduce conflict in your workplace? Build results-producing teams? Develop effective coaches and managers? Increase sales and customer service success? Communication is the key.
The ability to communicate skillfully is one of the major factors contributing to success in the workplace. However, communication is more than sending clear messages and listening actively. Effective communication includes understanding and appreciating different priorities, preferences, motivators and stressors.
This advanced communication skills course includes online pre-work, engaging facilitation with contemporary video, and practical application to create a personalized learning experience. Core to the program is the Everything DiSC Workplace® Profile, a simple tool that is used to help people communicate and work more effectively together. This report uses individual assessment data to provide a wealth of information about workplace priorities and preferences. Additionally, it helps people to learn how to communicate better with colleagues with different priorities and preferences.
Who Should Attend: Supervisors, Managers, Leaders, HR Professionals and anyone who would like to improve their results and work more effectively with others
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the DiSC model and the Everything DiSC Workplace® Map
- Identify their style and explore the priorities that drive them during the workday
- Describe similarities and differences in preferences among the DiSC styles that may impact communication efficacy
- Identify what works for them and what challenges them when communicating with each style
- Apply the DiSC Model to communicate and build relationships more effectively at work
- Apply People-Reading principles to learn to recognize others priorities and preferences based on behavioral cues
Note: The Everything DiSC Workplace®Profile will need to be
completed as pre-work for this course.