HR Assistant Certificate Program
To perform successfully as an HR assistant you need a variety of skills and abilities. You must be a good communicator. You need to be aware of the federal and state rules and regulations that govern the workplace. The ability to juggle multiple tasks at one time is also a must. And that is just the start of the list!
In this two-day program you will learn everything you need to know to excel in the HR Assistant role. You will discuss federal and state employment laws and how they affect your workplace. You will learn how to improve your communication skills by focusing on the communication styles of others. You will also discover how to identify red flag issues like harassment and policy violations when they are presented to you, and how you need to respond.
"An involved, relevant, and enthusiastic course! The small group interaction provided an environment conducive to learning and the 'real life' scenarios made even mundane topics interesting. Would recommend to new and seasoned Human Resource Assistants!"
- Ashley Cooke - Tanger Properties, LP
"The program was excellent. It brought everything together for me. It confirmed some of the practices that I am currently doing and gave me direction for improvement opportunities. I have already begun to utilize the tools and resources that I learned in the course. I have also shared some of the tools with my department. I would recommend this program to other HR professionals."
- Teresa Asbill - Energizer Battery Manufacturing, Inc.
"I participated in CAI’s two-day HR Assistant Certification Program. I received everything that I had hoped to walk away with after taking this course. It was a complete success! I have already implemented many of the strategies I learned during the class. For example, the process of screening resumes and applications has been so challenging to me for months. However, now I am using the breakdown from the class, and I have been able to screen more applications in one day than I have been able to do in months. I have also implemented some of the time management skills and feel so much more productive and focused. Checking my emails in a block of time has helped so much just in the first day of returning to the office. The informational binder that was provided is staying at the top of my to-do list because it is a great resource for me to use every day in all situations that come through the doors of HR. The instructor’s teaching style was great. She showed us how to apply these every day HR tasks at our workplaces. I hope to attend the additional HR courses that are available in the near future."
- Annmarie Forbis, Town of Holly Springs, LP
Who Should Attend
HR Assistants and Administrators; anyone else who supports the HR
At the end of the program you will be able to:
- Describe the legal aspects of record keeping and job posting
- Complete I-9s and other critical forms
- Understand federal and state employment laws, including: EEO, Wage and Hour, FMLA, ADA, COBRA and HIPAA
- Conduct applicant screenings and interviews
- Conduct employee orientations
- Conduct exit interviews
- Understand communication styles
- Develop strategies to better communicate with others based on their communication style
- Manage your time and priorities effectively
- Identify red flags and determine the course of action that should be taken as a response
* If you are attending this event in Raleigh and you need a hotel reservation, CAI has arranged a special rate for you at the Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown for $99 plus tax per night.
CPE Field of Study(s): Personnel/HR