The 5 Leadership Practices Certificate Program
This two-day workshop is backed by more than twenty-five years of original research and data from Jim Kouzes and Barry Posner, the authors of The Leadership Challenge® Workshop. Immensely practical and hands-on, it is designed to inspire, engage and help participants develop the leadership skills they need to meet both current and future leadership challenges.
The core curriculum includes seven modules, including five independent modules that focus specifically on each of The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership. Through an active learning model of group exercises, videos, self-reflection and collaborative peer learning, participants are able to apply the concepts to their real-life and begin to identify individual opportunities for personal growth and development.
The closing module helps participants identify specific actions for improving in at least one of the Five Leadership Practices and outlines a plan for communicating their key learnings to their team and manager. This last module provides a vehicle to drive learner accountability and application of the new learning back on the job, beginning day one.
Who Should Attend
Managers, Supervisors, Directors, Leadership Teams, HR Professionals. This workshop is a great development opportunity for high potentials or future leaders identified in succession planning process. Anyone who wants to grow and develop as a leader, no matter what role or position within an organization.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify leadership strengths and developmental opportunities
- Clarify and communicate fundamental values and beliefs
- Set the example for others by aligning actions with shared values
- Express an image/vision of the future
- Inspire others to share a common vision
- Search for opportunities to change and improve
- Experiment with innovative ideas and learn from accompanying mistakes
- Build collaboration, teamwork and trust
- Strengthen the ability of others to excel
- Recognize the accomplishments of others
- Apply the lessons learned in the workshop to a current organizational challenge
The Leadership Challenge® Workshop has seven modules structured around The Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership:
- Prepare for the Leadership Journey
- Practice 1: Model the Way
- Practice 2: Inspire a Shared Vision
- Practice 3: Challenge the Process
- Practice 4: Enable Others to Act
- Practice 5: Encourage the Heart
- Make Commitments and Action Planning
* If you are attending this event in Raleigh and you need a hotel reservation, CAI has arranged a special rate for you at the Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown for $99 plus tax per night.
CPE Field of Study(s): Personal Development