Leveraging Your Emotional Intelligence
Great leaders understand themselves and the people they manage. They are able to recognize their own feelings and those of others. Great leaders are self-motivated, and understand the needs and motivators of others.
Great leaders demonstrate high emotional intelligence.
Key research shows that leaders with higher levels of emotional intelligence:
- Achieve better financial results
- Develop more effective and supportive organizational climates or culture
- Achieve higher productivity gains with their workforce
This interactive and insightful program focuses on emotional intelligence, self-awareness, and relating with others. Participants will learn what emotional intelligence is and how emotional intelligence relates to leadership excellence. Participants will analyze, interpret and discuss their results from the EQ-i2.0 assessment they completed for pre-work.
Additionally, because emotional intelligence can be developed over time, participants will explore core competencies for emotional intelligence and engage in learning exercises to build and strengthen those competencies.
Who Should Attend
Leaders, managers, supervisors, HR Professionals; anyone who wants to learn and achieve greater self-awareness and gain better understanding of interpersonal dynamics
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe how emotional intelligence is linked to leadership success
- Assess their own levels of emotional intelligence
- Identify negative consequences of unmanaged emotions on their personal effectiveness
- Practice techniques to achieve the 4 core competencies of emotional intelligence
- Demonstrate strategies to increase their empathy and social skills
- Apply learnings on emotional intelligence to foster more productive work relationships
- Create a specific, actionable plan to increase their emotional intelligence
Note: The price of the public course includes the cost of the online assessment.
CPE Field of Study(s): Personal Development