Leading Productive Meetings
Are you frustrated with the outcomes of the meetings you lead?
Unfortunately, ineffective meetings are the norm. Such meetings cost money, waste time, deflate morale and contribute to turnover. All too often, employees walk away from meetings thinking they are a waste of time.
In this course, you'll learn how to conduct a meeting that engages, inspires and actually achieves results. Content to be covered includes the major elements involved in planning a meeting, guidelines for conducting productive meetings, and how to effectively follow through after a meeting. You will also have an opportunity to create an agenda for an upcoming meeting and will practice facilitating a brief meeting during the course.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who would like to improve their ability to plan and lead productive meetings
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify characteristics of effective and ineffective meetings
- Describe a three step process for leading an effective meeting
- Prepare a comprehensive meeting agenda
- Use creative approaches to improve meeting involvement
- Identify strategies for handling disruptive meeting members
- Demonstrate the skills necessary to lead an effective meeting
This course is part of the Practical Management II Certification Series.
CPE Field of Study(s): Personal Development