Fundamentals of Supervision Certificate Program
When possessing the proper skills, knowledge, and confidence, your organization’s supervisors will be the
key drivers of business results and your best defense
against employee lawsuits. A well-trained supervisor will understand the
critical nature of their role and responsibilities. They’ll reduce costs
associated with turnover by improving retention, positively impact team
performance and productivity, and create a positive and safe work environment.
This two-day program will help first time supervisors and managers establish a strong foundation for success. It starts with a self-assessment to identify strengths and important areas for growth.
The focus will then turn to basic supervisory skill building, and strategies for building trust, communicating effectively, motivating and recognizing employees, delegating, and managing conflict. Each attendee will also develop action plans to transfer lessons and skills learned directly back to their job.
"As a new manager, Fundamentals of Supervision was
particularly helpful in the areas of delegation and conflict resolution.
Being part of an interactive conversation with other managers helped me feel
free to ask questions in an unbiased judgment-free environment. The
program has helped me build my confidence as a manager and I have already
started applying what I have learned with my team!”
-Ana Disla, Treasury Management Support Manager,
Who Should Attend
Supervisors and managers new to supervision or with less than one year of experience
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define your role as a supervisor
- Avoid common pitfalls of new supervisors
- Develop SMART goals for your employees
- Delegate effectively
- Apply listening and questioning skills
- Effectively deliver your message to different communication styles
- Apply a model to effectively manage conflict
- Provide specific outcome-based feedback
- Identify appropriate and effective strategies to motivate staff
- Being an Effective Supervisor
- Developing Trust and Credibility
- Developing SMART Goals
- Delegating the Work
- Communication Styles
- Principles of Effective Communication
- Managing and Resolving Conflict
- Motivation and Feedback
* If you are attending this event in Raleigh and you need a hotel reservation, CAI has arranged a special rate for you at the Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown for $99 plus tax per night.
CPE Field of Study(s): Personal Development