Practical Management II Certificate Series
Become a better manager by learning how to successfully handle your most challenging issues and improve the productivity of your employees in this skill-building series created for new and experienced managers.
Focusing on the key competencies necessary for success as a manager, Practical Management II offers a review of current theories in management with examples of how to apply them in your workplace. Through practice exercises, role-plays, case studies, and classroom discussion, you will discover practical tips you can use right away. Each module concludes with
the creation of an action plan, which allows for the application of learning
back to your job. This series includes 8 three-hour modules. Modules may be
Who Should Attend
Managers and Supervisors that would like to sharpen their
management skills and gain practical knowledge and expertise
At the end of this certificate series you will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of
the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) to give feedback, resolve conflict and
persuade others in the workplace
- Support and maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued for their skills, talents, and abilities and are working to their full potential
- Implement a process
for resolving conflict within your team
- Manage employee
reactions to change and develop strategies for handling change resistance
- Apply a three-step process to better manage your time
- Use a five-step delegation model and identify tasks that should be delegated
- Demonstrate the skills necessary for running effective meetings
- Apply key team building concepts to your current work environment
This series includes eight half-day courses. Courses may be taken individually.
This series can be taken before or after the Practical Management I Certificate Series.
* If you are attending this event in Raleigh and you need a hotel reservation, CAI has arranged a special rate for you at the Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown for $99 plus tax per night.
CPE Field of Study(s): Personal Development/Communications