Practical Management I Certificate Series
Whether you are new to a management role or are an experienced manager that would like to sharpen your basic management skills, this skill-building series will help you increase your effectiveness, and the performance of your employees.
Focusing on the key competencies necessary for success as a manager, Practical Management I offers a review of best practices in management with examples of how to apply them to your workplace. Through practice exercises, role-plays, case studies, and classroom discussion, you will discover practical tips you can use right away back on the job.
Who Should Attend
Managers and Supervisors that would like to sharpen their
management skills and gain practical knowledge and expertise
At the end of this certificate series you will be able to:
- Analyze your own DiSC style and better communicate with those with DiSC styles different than your own
- Identify opportunities to provide reinforcing and developmental feedback to your employees
- Apply your communication skills and the coaching process to help someone think through their issues or challenges
- Create a plan for motivating team members
- Protect your organization by learning about workplace laws
- Conduct a successful selection process while avoiding common interviewing errors
- Develop strategies to address problem performance
- Deliver an effective performance appraisal and create development plans for your employees
This series includes eight half-day courses. Courses may be taken individually.
This series can be taken before or after the Practical Management II Certification Series.
* If you are attending this event in Raleigh and you need a hotel reservation, CAI has arranged a special rate for you at the Hampton Inn Raleigh Midtown for $99 plus tax per night.
CPE Field of Study(s): Personal Development/Communications