Workplace Laws for Managers and Supervisors
managers play a vital role in the success of an organization and its employees.
Often times, however, they are not adequately equipped to properly handle the
many workplace laws that affect the employment relationship. This class will focus on equal employment
opportunity laws, wage and hour laws, and common law theories and case law that
are relevant to managers and supervisors.
will assist your managers and supervisors in protecting themselves and your
organization by helping them develop an awareness of the numerous and confusing
workplace laws. They will learn how to
balance leading their teams with the responsibilities that go hand in hand with
ensuring compliance with workplace laws.
Who Should Attend
All levels of supervisors and managers
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define Equal Employment Opportunity and the benefits to
preventing workplace discrimination
- Describe the most common workplace laws and the basic
principles behind each
- Explain why some interview questions may be
- Apply your understanding of workplace laws to case
- Recognize your responsibilities with regards to
- List actions you will take to stay compliant with
This course is part of the Practical Management I Certificate Series.
CPE Field of Study(s): Personnel/HR/Business Law